Electrical safety is not something to take lightly. With that in mind, we want to aid in educating homeowners on the best ways to be responsible with residential electrical fixes in Kannapolis NC and offer safety info when working with electricity or managing an electrical emergency. We are always available for any type of electrical repair or new fixture installation.
1. Avoid water at all times when working with electrical power. Never ever touch or try fixing any electrical equipment or circuits with wet hands. It enhances the conductivity of electrical currents.
2. Never ever use equipment with worn away cords, harmed insulation or broken plugs.
3. If you are working on any receptacle in ones house then see to it to switch off the main power. It is also a good idea to put up a sign on the service panel so that no one turns the primary turn on by accident while a repair is executed.
4. Electrical dangers include exposed energized parts and unguarded electrical equipment that could become energized all of a sudden. Such devices always ought to have warning signs like “Shock Risk”. Constantly be watchful of such signs and follow the security policies.
5. Always use suitable insulated rubber gloves and goggles while working on any branch circuit or any other electrical circuit.
6. Never ever utilize an aluminium or steel ladder if one is working on any high up receptacles in ones home. An electrical surge will ground a person and the whole electrical current will pass through ones body. Use a bamboo, wood or a fiberglass ladder instead to be safe.
8. Regularly check all your GFCI’s once a month. A GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) is a RCD (Residual Current Device). They have ended up being really typical in modern-day homes, especially in wet locations like the bathroom and kitchen, as they help prevent electrical shock risks. It is created to disconnect quickly enough to stay clear of any injury caused by over current or short circuit faults.
9. Always use a circuit breaker or fuse with the appropriate existing rating. Circuit breakers and fuses are protection devices that immediately disconnect the live wire when a condition of short circuit or over existing happens. The selection of the proper fuse or circuit breaker is vital. Generally for security against short circuits a fuse ranked of 150 % of the regular circuit current is selected. When it come to a circuit with 10 amperes of existing, a 15 ampere fuse will shield versus direct short circuits whereas a 9.5 amperes fuse will burn out.
10. Dealing with outside underground cabling is harmful. The moist soil around the cable is an excellent conductor of electrical power and ground faults are quite common with underground cabling. Utilizing a spade to dig at the cable can damage the electrical wiring easily so it is better to dig by hand while wearing insulated gloves.
Do not be reluctant to get in touch with us with any Electrician Kannapolis NC help one may need.
Back Home. . .