Electrical safety is not something to ignore. With that in mind, we want to assistance in educating homeowners on the best ways to be responsible with residential electrical repairs in Mint Hill NC and offer safety information when dealing with electricity or handling an electrical emergency. We are always available for any type of electrical repair or new fixture installation.
1. Avoid water at all times when working with electricity. Never touch or try fixing any electrical devices or circuits with wet hands. It enhances the conductivity of electrical currents.
2. Never make use of devices with frayed cords, damaged insulation or broken plugs.
3. If you are dealing with any receptacle in ones house then remember to switch off the main power. It is also a good idea to put up a sign on the circuit box so that no one turns the main turn on by mishap while a repair is being done.
4. Electrical risks include exposed energized parts and unguarded electrical equipment which might end up being energized suddenly. Such devices always ought to have signs like “Shock Danger”. Always be observant of such signage and follow the security policies.
5. Always utilize proper insulated rubber gloves and goggles while dealing with any branch circuit or other electrical circuit.
6. Never make use of an aluminium or steel ladder if one is repairing any high up receptacles in ones home. An electrical surge will ground a person and the whole electrical current will travel through ones body. Use a bamboo, wood or a fiberglass ladder instead to be safe.
8. Regularly inspect all your GFCI’s monthly or so. A GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) is a RCD (Residual Current Device). They have ended up being extremely common in modern houses, particularly for moist areas like the washroom and kitchen area, as they help avoid electrical shock dangers. It is made to disconnect rapidly enough to stay clear of any injury triggered by over current or short circuit faults.
9. Always make use of a circuit breaker or fuse with the proper existing score. Circuit breakers and fuses are security gadgets that instantly disconnect the live wire when a condition of short circuit or over present occurs. The selection of the suitable fuse or circuit breaker is vital. Generally for protection versus short circuits a fuse rated of 150 % of the regular circuit current is selected. In the case of a circuit with 10 amperes of current, a 15 ampere fuse will secure against direct short circuits whereas a 9.5 amperes fuse will blow out.
10. Handling outside underground cabling will be dangerous. The damp soil around the cable is an excellent conductor of electrical power and ground faults are quite usual with underground cabling. Using a spade to dig at the cable can damage the wiring quickly so it is much better to dig by hand while wearing insulated gloves.
Do not think twice to get in touch with us with any Electrician Mint Hill NC repairs one may need.
Back Home. . .